[Sugar-devel] Performance issues on XO 1 (Re: TamTamMini)

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Tue Nov 19 09:22:32 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org
> wrote:

> El 19/11/13 07:00, Gonzalo Odiard escribió:
>
>  Concrete data and actionable tasks would help.
>> Please share your profiling when you have it.
>>
>> Gonzalo
>>
> There you go, this is the attitude that is perceived as not constructive.
>
> No hints on what to measure, where, how and wether or not you will be
> doing exactly the same with latest images so that we have a metric to
> compare.
>
> Please remember my decision about what to recommend to the Ministry was
> already taken and all I'm trying to do here is accomodate for your constant
> complaining that "deployments" are not up to date, by providing an
> explanation and proving willing to work with you.
>
> When you have concrete indications on what you would like me to do, and
> are willing to do the same, please share.
>
> Regards
> Sebastian

Sebastian,

I really don't know why my two lines mail can be interpreted in this way.

The only way to solve problems, is doing the difficult work of identifying
them.
Takes time, is hard, but is the only way.
If you can say: the Browse activity takes X seconds to start and in 0.94
takes Y,
we can see and try to find a solution, but if not, is very difficult.
That is the only thing I wanted to say.
I already worked on that
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As_jQJX0Me6XdDI2clFpX1FFRHhKMHVFZGkyakdST2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0
and I know how complicate it is.