[Sugar-devel] TamTamMini

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:26:49 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM, David Farning
<dfarning at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> Did anyone else notice a difference in how this Activity and Pippy were handled?
>
> With pippy the maintainers quickly responded with "Cool someone else
> wants to add value to the project. Here are my notes. Good luck."
>
> With TamTam the maintainer responded with "My way or the highway."
>

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also note that we don't necessarily need to fix the code ourselves, good
>> profiling data is often acted on by lower level libraries maintainers. The
>> default strategy is to pretend it's higher level code fault of course, but
>> issues can't be denied or ignored when proven by numbers and test cases :P
>>

>> On Monday, 18 November 2013, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
>>>
>>> And we can tackle lower level stuff... It's free and open code too! :)

>>> --
>>> Daniel Narvaez
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel Narvaez

> David Farning
> Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com

With all due respect David, that is not a fair description of what
happened and you are also comparing apples and oranges.

In the case of TamTam, there is an active maintainer and the patch was huge.
In the case of Pippy, there is no active maintainer and the patch was
literally 2 characters.

The difference of opinion on TamTam is technical, not personal. Let's
try to keep it that way by not inflaming the situation.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender