[Sugar-devel] Jukebox, reorder capability to playlist

Agustin Zubiaga Sanchez aguz at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 17 15:34:49 EST 2013

Hi everyone!

I am thinking in add this feature to Jukebox [1], in the next days for GCI
2013, but I need some tips about how implementing it (design).
Some time ago I did some similar for Chart [2], with two simple arrow
buttons [3] that work with the selected item.
But in Jukebox, when you change the selection, it plays the selected item,
and then this method won't work because you have to change the current
playing track to reorder the list.

So, what can I do?
Use double-click to play the track and implement that feature like in
Chart, or do something like drag and drop (I think it isn't a good idea)?
I want you opinions :)

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4484
[2] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/es-ES/sugar/addon/4534
[3] http://people.sugarlabs.org/aguz/reorder-chart.png