[Sugar-devel] TamTamMini

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 12:51:59 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:
> In Flavio's defense, I'd like to restructure this conversation.
>
> Undoubtedly, he's put great effort in this work.

And there are mechanisms for incorporating that work for the benefit of all.

> From a deployment's point of view, it's a contribution.

I would think deployments would rather have contributions upstreamed
so they do not incur maintenance costs long term.

> From Gonzalo's POV, it's a burden because Flavio hasn't taken up learning to
> master Git.

Mastering certain elements of git are essential to contribute to a
pre-existing longstanding core element of Sugar like TamTam.

> From Localizer's POV it's a burden because, in their view, it implies double
> the strings.
> These are representatives up "upstream".

Localizers are not "upstream" representatives, they are "downstream"
collaborators using a common upstream infrastructure.