[Sugar-devel] A prototype of SugarWeb / SugarAndroid - Technical questions

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Sat Nov 16 11:13:25 EST 2013

2013/11/16 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>

> Okay. I guessed it was use as a way to detect Sugar Linux or Sugar Web but
>> I didn't figure how. To hack it I've forced the creation of the sugar
>> object (
>> https://github.com/llaske/SugarWebUI/blob/master/lib/sugar-web/bus.js#L2)
>> but I'm not very happy with it.
>>

>  Do you have any plan on how to implement datastore? To known that even
> just vaguely would be helpful in suggesting how to deal with
> bus.js/environment.js...

Not sure I will success but my idea is to reuse the current datastore.js
and just hack bus.js to answer to datastore.js request using the
LocalStorage instead of web socket.
You could help me explaining more when and where the activityid and
datastore objectid are generated and used in the Sugar Linux version. So I
could try to emulate it.

           Lionel.