[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs Roadmap. [SD 61;79]

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 14:29:32 EST 2013

Thanks for clarifying. IMO we should not rewrite Sugar and activities using
the Android SDK

- While Android is nominally free software for it's licence, it seems the
current development practices (like code drops) gives Google too much
control on the project direction. I don't want to be locked in that kind of
ecosystem.
- Android works only on certain hardware.
- I don't think it would be possible to implement the full UX being limited
by Android SDK. Think of activities installation etc.
- We should keep supporting existing deployments, this would duplicate the
work completely.

--
Daniel Narvaez