[Sugar-devel] Have we achieved consensus among activite Sugar developers?

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Mon Nov 4 22:11:52 EST 2013

I think you realized but failed to emphasize an important point:

There is not a single community rallying around Sugar at this time.
Instead, I see at least two if not more.

Each has its own expectations and social norms, yet claims to speak for
(and sometimes control) the Sugar world as a whole.

If there were more people involved then having RHEL/CentOS/Fedora-style
development could work.  This would allow some parties to do commercial
support while others do rapid development.  But given the current
population size all I see this leading to is more fragmentation.

That being said:

   1. I definitely am in the "put up or shut up" crowd with the
   accusations.  Attempting to justify positions without evidence does not
   work very well.
    2. Personally it feels to me like you are trying to engage the rest of
   the Sugar community as if it was another business.  I do not think that is
   the right approach, although I am not quite sure what would work.

(And as long as everyone else is mentioning their disclaimers, I also
should mention that I left OLPC last month.)