[Sugar-devel] Datastore API for html activities (Daniel Narvaez)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue May 28 09:16:46 EDT 2013

On 28 May 2013 09:06, <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:

> - What about the Datastore Activity API (i.e. read_file and write_file)?
> it's the most common way for an activity to use the Datastore,

I wonder if we actually need something like that (we have an activity
object where we could put it) or if it's better to just let the activity
author decide when saving/loading is necessary, using the TextObject stuff
I proposed.

It feels a bit inflexible to have the activity request read/writes so
directly. I'd rather have notification that the activity is closing, then
the activity author decides what needs to be done.

> - A Find feature with metadata critera is need,

Yes. Can we just mirror the datastore dbus interface there?

function onFound(objectIds) {
}

datastore.find(query, properties, onFound);

I have no idea what query/properties contains but I suppose it's documented
somewhere :)

I suppose we will also need a datastore.delete.

- May be we should also provide some callbacks for Created/Updated/Deleted
> event on an object.

 Can you explain the use case for these?

Thanks for the feedback!