[Sugar-devel] About web activities, webkit2 and backward compatibility

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Wed May 22 07:44:29 EDT 2013

2013/5/22 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>:
> Tried to run a current web activity in current olpc build, 13.2.0 os6.
>
> I copied sugar-toolkit-gtk3/src/sugar3/activity/htmlactivity.py inside
> the activity, and changed activity.info accordingly. The activity
> fails in line:
>
> self._web_view.show()
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/blob/master/src/sugar3/activity/htmlactivity.py#L52
>
> with a segmentation fault:
>
> Terminated by signal 11, pid 1436 data (None, <open file '<fdopen>',
> mode 'w' at 0xd67a18>, 'bc05e2b23867858d4df2bb97d5088312e4dffa1e')

Tested as separate script, this gives segfault too:

from gi.repository import Gtk
from gi.repository import WebKit2

class HTMLActivity(Gtk.Window):
    def __init__(self):
        Gtk.Window.__init__(self)

        self._web_view = WebKit2.WebView()
        self.add(self._web_view)
        self._web_view.show()

html_activity = HTMLActivity()
html_activity.connect("delete-event", Gtk.main_quit)
html_activity.show()
Gtk.main()

--
.. manuq ..