[Sugar-devel] sugar-build after osbuild change report

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon May 20 06:17:40 EDT 2013

On 05/20/2013 10:48 AM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> On 20 May 2013 10:12, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had a sugar-build repo before the osbuild change. I did a git pull in my
>> sugar-build directory and then run ./osbuild help.
>>
>> I got the following:
>>
>> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$ ./osbuild --help
>> Installing virtualenv...
>> Done.

How about we print here something like:

"You are in a shell now, run commands like 'build' or 'run' here directly".

>> /home/erikos/sugar-build/**build/out/sandbox/install/bin/**python: can't
>> open file '/home/erikos/sugar-build/**build/commands/--help': [Errno 2]
>> No such file or directory
>> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$
>>

> Looks like a bug, will fix.

Ok, great. Would be fantastic if '--help' would print the list of
possible arguments.

>> [sugar-build sugar-build]$ ./osbuild pull
>>

> Note that you are inside a shell here. You should just "pull". (I wonder if
> the docs are wrong now). That *might* actually break things so we should
> probably check and refuse to run osbuild inside a shell.
>
> Now, the sources are directly pulled into the sugar-build directory, is
>> that intentional?
>>

> Yes, I think the flatter directory structure makes it a little bit easier
> to hack on stuff.

Hmm, I liked the layout with the sources directory.  Now the sources are
mixed with the 'build' directory. Do you build now in the source
directories?

Ok, rebuilding from scratch now.

Simon