[Sugar-devel] Github issue tracking

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Mon May 13 13:30:46 EDT 2013

2013/5/11 William Orr <will at worrbase.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Sticking with a privately controlled bug tracker is probably a good idea.
> However, trac really needs to be cleaned up, as there are a ton of 3-5 year
> old bugs floating around that have long since been fixed. I've started
> closing the few I can't reproduce in scm.
>
> As a new contributor, I initially had gotten the impression that no one used
> trac, and I was discouraged from reporting/fixing bugs there.

Things we can do to improve the poor state of trac:

- make Milestone 1.0 the recommended trac view http://tinyurl.com/ckuk7cq
- ask the infra team to make the above filter very visible in the trac homepage
- bugs detected in sugar-build should be reported as 1.0
- add a note about this recommendations in sugar-docs

I closed a lot of obsolete bugs filed in Browse component.  But I see
two problems trying to clean all trac:

1. it is a lot of work, who is going to do it?

2. it is used for several things.  There are many components, not only
for sugar or activities, but for infra, for funding, distros, etc.

That's why I suggest to provide the right view for developers instead.

--
.. manuq ..