[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Journal share activity

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri May 3 09:54:47 EDT 2013

> I think there are two fundamental differences:
>
> - one-to-many: you share an item publically to all of the members of the
> session, the ones that are available should be visible in one list, in the
> mockup at the top left, everyone can download any of those items, the
> download will go into the device you specify, there should probably be an
> indicator if you want to store an already downloaded item into the same
> place (like with any generic download)
>
> - one-to-one-outgoing: you send one item to a specific person, here you
> need some feedback if the receiver acknowledged the incoming transfer
>
> - one-to-one-incoming: you receive a file sent by one specific person,
> here you need an alert for the request, that you can acknowledge
>
> I do not see any duplicates here. You can argue that the one-to-one
> transfers should be in one list with clear indicators what is an incoming
> and what is an outgoing transfer, that could work

I think this is a tool to one-to-many principally (with the particular case
of many-to-one defined as(b)). I am confident than in a constructivist
environment, the request of privacy of kid-to-teacher should no be the most
common case, because all can learn from other kids too.

We already have a one-to-one tool in the Journal.

Gonzalo