[Sugar-devel] Sugar on Raspberry Pi

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 05:14:50 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza at oooes.org> wrote:
> Hi I want to know the status of a RaspberryPi distribution like Raspbian
> which can handle Sugar's environment. Something like Sugar on a Pi.
>
> I could find this testing reports talking about Sweets
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Testing/Reports/Sweets_on_Raspberry_pi_armhf_raspbian
>
> The reports seems to say is stable but slow. I wonder if there has been any
> optimization gone into this as of lately?

There's no specific optimisation being done for Sugar on the Raspberry
Pi. There is some general looking at platform optimisation in general.
I'm not sure of the status of Sugar in Debian but Sugar in Fedora ARM
is up to date to the latest OLPC stable releases they ship on the XOs
on F18 and there's an ongoing project to optimise Fedora on the
Raspberry Pi.

Peter