[Sugar-devel] New sugar contributions

Will Orr will at worrbase.com
Tue Mar 26 19:45:06 EDT 2013

Hello,

Matt and I are taking the Humanitarian and Open Source development class at Rochester Institute of Technology. We need to pick a portion of the OLPC project to work on, and we chose to do development on Sugar itself.

We were wondering if there were any projects or bugs that we could work on that are doable in the next five to eight weeks.

I'm a 5th computer science student with experience writing C, C++, Python, Perl, Objective-C, C#, Bash, Java, Go, Javascript and COBOL. I've contributed to open source before as well as started and released my own projects.

Matt is a freshman computer science student with experience in Java, Python and C. He has never contributed to an open source project before.

If you have any suggestions for what we can work on, we would appreciate it.

Thanks!