[Sugar-devel] Documents folder in sugar-build

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:33:58 EDT 2013

It's looking inside the path pointed by the XDG_CONFIG_HOME
environement variable, which can be set to any path. Running
xdg-user-dirs-update at startup is necessary to ensure that
user-dirs.dirs is created inside XDG_CONFIG_HOME, whatever that is.
See the spec

http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs

The spec doesn't make very clear if running the script is
responsibility of the desktop environment or of the login manager.
Though, in practice, it seems that gnome-session is running it
(through the xdg autostart spec) and I think it make sense to follow
the same logic for sugar.

--
Daniel Narvaez