[Sugar-devel] Sugar Framework for full HTML5 activity - subject proposal for GSoC

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Fri Mar 22 16:23:01 EDT 2013

> I feel like there is a bit of confusion about both html activities and
sugar on android which, in my mind, are pretty interconnected. I'm happy to
write

> up a proposal if that helps moving towards a consensus and some kind of
plan. It would probably take me a few days though.

HTML activities on Sugar could be a first step to Android porting but IMO,
the two projects are not necessarily interconnected.

I do like the James idea of a “PhoneGap” framework for Sugar. This is the
way I think this GSoC proposal.

At the end of the GSoC we can hope to have a binding of the framework for
Sugar on Fedora, then in few months a binding of the framework for Sugar on
Android. So, the framework will be a way to ensure a portability between
Sugar/Fedora and Sugar/Android.

I’m going to write a first draft of the proposal. We could update it
collectively.

                Lionel.