[Sugar-devel] Sugar Framework for full HTML5 activity - subject proposal for GSoC

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 15:16:06 EDT 2013

Edward,

Since the Read Activity uses WebKit for reading EPUBs it seems likely that
you could make an EPUB with JavaScript in it and make a sort of electronic
pop-up book out of it.  It might not be a strictly kosher EPUB, but Read
probably wouldn't care.

Maybe this could be something else to look at.  You could make a packaging
utility that takes an HTML file and any subdirectories beneath it and
packages it as either a Sugar Activity or an EPUB.  The utility could be
written in Python and PyGTK so you could run it on any OS, and maybe it
could run as a Sugar Activity as well.

James Simmons