[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Agora 2

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:20:46 EST 2013

# News

* Build inside a chroot to be able to support multiple linux
distribution and still be able to rely on a well know base system
(which is at the moment Fedora).
* Improved toolbars appeareance, now matching Sugar more closely.
* Simplified build and development workflow.
* Examples of how to use xi-grapics icons and toolbars API.
* Progress indication in omega-browse.

A lot more things that I can't remember right now :) Should write
release notes as we go...

# Infrastructure

* I created a google group for Agora development

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/agora-dev

I'll keep posting release announcements to this list but if you are
interested in more frequent/detailed news and discussions please join
the group.

* Buildbot instance now running at

http://ayopa.org:8010.

# Thanks

Simon Schampijer (omega-browse progress)
Manuel Quiñones (various toolbar bits)

# How to try it

The main repository is now

https://github.com/ayopa/agora-devkit

See the README there on how to get started. The chroot stuff is pretty
tricky and not yet completely stable please let me know if you run
into issues.

# Next milestone

Milestone 3 will focus on automated testing and bug fixing. I hope to
close it quickly so that we can get back to features, but I feel we
need to get a few things right before writing more of the xi libraries
code. See the TODO for some more details

https://github.com/ayopa/agora-devkit/issues/1

--
Daniel Narvaez