[Sugar-devel] We have a problem: activity._shared_activity

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Sat Mar 2 18:28:20 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Agustin Zubiaga Sanchez
<aguz at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> Gonzalo,
>
> Maybe would be good to create also the _shared_activity variable, with the
> purpose to let the activities continue working while the developers change
> _shared_actvity by shared_activity.
>
> What do you think?

I don't think so.
In first place, we should not use a private member in a class (denoted by
starting with "_").
Is a general norm. Other languages have better ways to protect this case,
but python only have this convention.
In second place, was deprecated for a long time. And is not a difficult
change to do at all.

Gonzalo

Regards,