[Sugar-devel] [Systems] IRC chanserv command

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jun 30 23:52:43 EDT 2013

On 06/30/13 23:33, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> The +n (no external messages from users not on the channel) is an
> anti-spam measure and a default for all newly-created Freenode channels.
>
> So you might not want to remove it, even if the IRC server will let you.

Thank you for the clarification. Daniel, could we make the github bot
just join the channel instead of setting -n? This is how we were doing
it with

I've given ACLs to dnarvaez on #sugar and #sugar-meeting and left +n
set. Switch the flag if there's no better way, but be prepared to switch
it back in case it gets abused by spammers.

> ---
> SJG
>

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com
> <mailto:dwnarvaez at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     The channelname being sugar of course.
>

>     On Sunday, 30 June 2013, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
>
>         Hey,
>
>         could someone with chanserv access give this command
>
>         |/msg chanserv set #channelname mlock -n

>         |Or well, give me access and I can do it.

>         |This is for github commits notification witout the bot joining
>         every time.
>
>         --
>         Daniel Narvaez
>

>     --