[Sugar-devel] [Systems] Trac update

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jun 29 07:36:16 EDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 06:57 PM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we seem to have a pretty old trac version. I'm trying to improve sugar
> core bug tracking state and practices and as part of that effort I think
> it might make sense to upgrade to 1.0.

That would be great.

> Is the only reason we didn't upgrade so far lack of time? Or do we know
> about blockers?

Trac probably needs a new maintainer. Would you like to take it over or
replace it with something else?

> Is our trac configuration somewhere? I didn't find it in git.

The only documentation we have on Trac is this page:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/bugs

The production instance is located on sunjammer, in
/srv/www-sugarlabs/bugs. There's also a development environment in
bugs-devel which is accessible as http://bugs-devel.sugarlabs.org/

Before touching the production instance, you might want to try upgrading
the -devel environment to see how it goes.

Ping me on IRC if you need any help. I have vague memories of upgrading
Trac several years ago (hint: it's quite painful).

--
 _ // Bernie Innocenti
 \X/  http://codewiz.org