[Sugar-devel] Problems with sugar-build

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jun 28 03:00:08 EDT 2013

I've seen something similar travelling in the area you are in, caused
by faulty NAT implementations at internet service providers.

The symptom is that the network connection to the git server stalls,
and the next packet does not arrive.  The server has sent the packet,
but the client does not receive it.

netstat occasionally shows an unacknowledged queue of data for the
connection.

When this happens, I use a tunnel such as OpenVPN or SSH.

I see it about four times a year, and it is sometimes cleared by
reconnecting my internet service.

I use two HSDPA+ services with different providers, so I can also
switch between them to fix this.

It isn't related to the size of the files, but the larger the git
repository is, the likely is the problem.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 03:50:40AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Starting again, you can see the log stopping in the same way with automake
> I don't know if is a problem with the network here, I am traveling,
> but didn't have problems downloading big files.
> Thanks for looking at this
>
> Gonzalo
>

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 3:41 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I haven't seen that. Post your main.log? Did you try to clone glib manually
>     to see if that works?
>

>     On Friday, 28 June 2013, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>
>         Today I was all day trying to update my development environment,
>         doing a clone from zero, after was broken with a update.
>         Looks like the git pull from glib never ends.
>         Anybody else see that?
>         My desktop is F18 64bits
>
>         Gonzalo
>

>     --