[Sugar-devel] Running sugar in a window

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 03:47:36 EDT 2013

On 27 June 2013 02:20, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> At times, you need see the logs _and_ the sugar interface at the same
> time,
> to be able to check when something is done.
> That is the main reason I have found to need use sugar in a window,
> and is important enough to me.

Thanks. This is the kind of feedback I was looking for.

> Why is important remove a feature working in our main platforms?

Because I might be forced to add another way to run sugar (full X sessions
from inside another X session) but I don't want to increase the
sugar-runner maintenance cost. Also, I'm not really keen about features
that works on some distros and randomly crash on others.