[Sugar-devel] rethinking your icon customization patch

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:50:18 EDT 2013

On 20 June 2013 13:32, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> For such a change I would like to see a design discussion first
> independent from the implementation. It is relatively easy to quickly
> implement something that sort of works, to hack something but creating a
> good user experience and work flow is not. There are all those little
> details to consider.

I guess I don't consider this such an important change. It's not about the
design only, I wouldn't think it's worth for example to hook it up with the
neighborhood view, we have more fundamental issues to tackle :)

I'm all for design driven development, but sometimes I think it's fine to
throw in small interesting features that have not been fully thought out
and just see where things go... Especially if they are implemented as
activities or extensions.