[Sugar-devel] rethinking your icon customization patch

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 10:43:50 EDT 2013

Here are some thoughts about the custom icon patch:

(1) if we prepend ~/.sugar/icons to the theme icon path, then anything
in that path will be used (as long as we flush the cache) as per
dnarvaez's comment on the patch
(2) if we have a sugar activity for selecting svg files (from the
journal and some samples) and loading the selected file as
computer-xo.svg into ~/.sugar/icons then we are done.

#1 is a two-line addition to jarabe/main.py

    icons_path = os.path.join(os.path.expanduser('~'), '.sugar', 'icons')
    Gtk.IconTheme.get_default().prepend_search_path(icons_path)

#2 is similar to what you already did for the cpsection, only it is a
stand-alone activity similar to xo-colors

We can use Turtle Art and other activities to generate SVGs. (The old
version of xo-colors let you edit the XO icon... with revisiting in
this context.)

We need to figure out how to flush the icon cache.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender