[Sugar-devel] 0.100 features update

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:55:52 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 June 2013 22:47, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > as we are approaching 0.99.0, I would like to update the features
>> > status.
>> > Here is a summary of what I know about the features status, I would
>> > appreciate if Walter and Ajay in particular could expand on it.
>> >
>> > * HTML5 based toolkit for activities
>> >
>> > Work seems to be progressing pretty smoothly here. It won't be completed
>> > for
>> > 0.100 but we will do as much as possible.
>> >
>> > * Icon customization
>> >
>> > No patch submitted yet. Are we still planning to land the feature?
>> >
>> > * Integration with web services
>> >
>> > Actively developed. Seems like it will make it.
>> >
>> > * Multiple home views
>> >
>> > There seem to be no agreement on the design. Not sure how to move
>> > forward,
>> > especially since it seem a bit of a sensitive topic :)
>>
>> This is actually pretty important to at least one deployment. We
>> should try to come to consensus here. (I am agnostic about the
>> technical approach, but pretty fanatic about the pedagogical impact.)
>

> Maybe someone summarizes the points of agreement and disagreement and we try
> to restart from there?

There was some disagreement about the implementation since I tried to
tiptoe around the existing code to minimize changes, so there was more
redundancy than necessary. Easy to address.

There was dissatisfaction expressed about the UI design, but never any
alternative suggestions put forward.

-walter

--
Walter Bender