[Sugar-devel] developer.sugarlabs.org index

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Sat Jun 8 09:51:06 EDT 2013

Hey Daniel,

I also find odd the "files" tab in our docs, and also I miss a link to
the index.  I would take this approach:

- remove the "files" tab for markdown files in the root folder, use
the "headings" sidebar without the "headings" title.

- have a "back to index" link on top of the sidebar, that goes to
developer.sugarlabs.org.

- keep the current behaviour ("files" and "headings" tabs) in
documented code, like
http://developer.sugarlabs.org/sugar-web/graphics/radiobuttonsgroup.js.html

What do you think?

2013/6/7 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> On 7 June 2013 21:49, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> An easy way to generate a custom index would be to generate sidebar-less
>> pages with docker and put them inside an iframe, building links/index with
>> handlebars templates, from an index.json.
>>
>> I'm not in love with the sidebar for introductory docs, I like the pooco
>> approach more
>>
>>  http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/foreword/#configuration-and-conventions
>

> Oh, I was looking at flask docs on a phone, and the layout is pretty
> different. They have a sidebar too on desktop, although nicer than our :)

.. manuq ..