[Sugar-devel] Licensing of the javascript libraries

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 07:09:27 EDT 2013

Let me sum up where I think we are and what questions we have for
Tony/Bradley at SFC:

(1) We have some of the core Sugar code still under LGPLv2 (e.g.,
sugar-artwork) which we would like to change to LGPLv3.
(2) We would like to add a second (Apache) license to this same code.

s there a specific mechanism we should use when reaching out to authors?

(3) We want to incorporate some code snippets from some code that "is
placed in the public domain". Can we include this in an LGPLv3
library? And how do we acknowledge the original author (i.e., do we
include him in the new copyright notification)?

thanks.

-walter