[Sugar-devel] Licensing of the javascript libraries

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:28:17 EDT 2013

We really need to make a call here, we start to have a sizeable amount of
code and the first release is near. I tend to think gplv2 is not an option
because of the apache incompatibility. I would go for Apache if we want to
avoid issues with anti-tivoization, otherwise gplv3.

To point out a concrete problem we could have with gpl3... My understanding
is that you could not ship an activity based on sugar-web in the apple
store, at least including the lib locally. I suppose it would be fine if
you loaded it from a server, but then you need security restrictions if you
implement any kind of system integration.

--
Daniel Narvaez