[Sugar-devel] Install Firefox

Basanta Shrestha basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org
Mon Jun 3 00:45:49 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 11:14 +0545, Basanta Shrestha wrote:
> > Adding fedora=fedora_update and rebuilding didn't work.
> >

> > Jerry, As you suggested it installed all the required newer
> > firefox,xulrunner and nss... packages but the resulting image couldn't
> > boot the XO. Now I am going for your second suggestion. I have created
> > a local repo for firefox, xulrunner and other dependencies( 9
> > altogether) . Could you please check if the entries are right?
> >

> Well I'm surprised that I'm the only one to answer this, I gave the
> others ample time to respond.
>
> yes, looks like no one takes pride on answering simple questions ;)

> > /root/local/.repo
> >

> Where did you download the rpms to?  Was it "/root/local/"?
> Did you run "createrepo /root/local/"?

yes to /root/local/ and I have done createrepo.

> > ------------------
> > [local]
> > name=firefox-xulrunner local
> > baseurl=file:///root/local/
> > gpgcheck=0
> > enabled=1
> > ------------------
> >

> I don't understand, what are you doing with the above code?
>

> >  olpc-os-12.1.0-xo1.75.ini
> >

> > Right below [repos] section
> >

> > ----------------------
> > [custom_repo]
> > local=1,firefox,file:///root/local/
> > ----------------------
> >

> No, don't do that, you have to use the OOB method of naming the repos in
> [repos].

I was following this documentation
http://cainmanor.com/tech/build-a-custom-repository-for-centos/ and they
had this extra step to create .repo file. so .

> [repos]
> fedora_arch=i386
> olpc_frozen_1=0,koji.dist-f17-i686
> olpc_frozen_2=0,koji.dist-f17-i686-updates-12.1.0
> olpc_frozen_3=1,local.12.1.0
> olpc_frozen_4=1,local.12.1.0-xo1.5
> custom_repo_1=0,firefox,file:///root/local/
> add_excludes_to=koji.dist-f17-i686,koji.dist-f17-i686-updates-12.1.0
>
> When you run osbuilder.py, early into the routine you can see the repos
> being contacted, check to see if your new one is being used or there is
> an error present.

The repo seems to be working now it is retrieving packages form local repo.
Thanks Jerry you have been a great help for me.