[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] chroot branch landed

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 14:48:11 EDT 2013

Hello,

I just merged the chroot branch.

If you updated sugar-build when I suggested it with an email to this list,
you will not automatically be upgraded to it (which is unlikely to work
anyway). If you missed that email, you are still in time, just

git pull
git checkout 45e044be8

I'd suggest to update when you are not in a rush to get work done, I have
the feeling the branch didn't get a lot of testing, so we are likely to run
into them now. The changes was too big to support a clean upgrade path, so
you will have to start with a clean tree. You can either do a new clone or

./osbuild clean
git clean -fdx
git pull

I have updated the documentation. The interface is pretty much the same,
but there are subtle differences. Here is the ones that comes to mind.

* We are now theoretically supporting any linux distribution. If doesn't
work on your please let the list know and I'll try to fix it up.
* You need to "./osbuild pull" before doing the first build. This used to
be automatically triggered by "./osbuild build".
* If you need to look at the logs, do it inside an osbuild shell using the
less command. This is something I plan to improve, but until I get to it...

--
Daniel Narvaez