[Sugar-devel] Feature freeze due in 3 days (July 31)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 05:35:44 EDT 2013

On 30 July 2013 03:54, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:

> 2013/7/28 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the feature freeze is due on July 31. I think all the features we
> originally
> > planned landed already, thanks and congratulations to everyone involved.
> >
> > Work on web activities is and probably should be continuing. We need to
> > figure out how that interacts with the freeze (I'll try to follow up on
> this
> > but comments would be welcome. I would especially like to know how Manuel
> > and Suraj feels about it).
>
> Yeah I think the freeze should not affect sugar-web, it is still in
> early stage and the API continues evolving.
>
> If we freeze sugar-web, let's do it in a branch, and continue
> developing in master.  I that case I would like to reach the deadline
> with web activities correctly storing data.  That is, these fixed:
>
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/pull/63
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/pull/66

I tend to think we don't need a stable branch yet. Not opposed to it if
someone thinks it's necessary though.

There is also the issue of the sugar/sugar-toolkit-gtk3 bits which some
sugar-web features will likely require to modify, webactivity.py and
apisocket.py mostly. I think these are self-contained enough that we can
afford keeping them unfrozen until September 4 (code freeze). At that point
we will branch, so in practice web activities work would never been
interrupted.