[Sugar-devel] Android ActionBar and Activity Toolbar

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Mon Jul 29 16:48:09 EDT 2013

(removing Andrew from the CC as he is already in this mailing list)

2013/7/29 Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>:
>> We use different instances of the activity, mapped to the text/draw/game
>>
>> > created.
>> >
>> > How should that be implemented on android?
>>
>> No way to run multiple instances of an app at the same time on
>> Android.  We discussed about this early on, when we started sugar-web.
>>  In general, this applies too to webapps, like the ones in Firefox OS,
>> for example.
>>

> I though that was a limitation of web activities not android :/
>
> Anyway, we need a mechanism to finish the work in one "object"
> (text/draw/game...)
> and start to work with another...

Yes!

> We need think about a workflow before we decide if we remove/add a Stop
> button or not.

Yes, and the workflow could define the implementation of the Journal.

First, please note that the proposal is for removing it from Android
and from the browser.  On the browser the user just closes the tab.
On Android the user do the same as with other apps: open the list of
running apps and remove the app from that list.

I think a workflow could be:

- Start a web activity from scratch
- Create something
- Go to the Journal
- Start an older instance of the same activity

At that point the program should store the current state, and load the
old state.  Transparently, without asking for confirmation.

--
.. manuq ..