[Sugar-devel] Usage of sugar-build

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Thu Jul 25 21:01:09 EDT 2013

Alt-tab to go between Sugar and other programs is very clumsy at first,
but works. When I do this from a full-screen Sugar session I don't get the
usual view of icons of other applications to choose from, but once I have
Sugar and the program I want to alternate with set up for toggling
between, it is quite easy.

On Thu, July 25, 2013 12:10 pm, James Simmons wrote:
> Manuel,
>
> I am aware that ./osbuild run can be done from within a GNOME session.
> did it that way the first time I ran it.  What I need to provide to my
readers is a way they can easily move from a development environment to
> Sugar environment and back again.  Running Sugar in a window made that
easy.  Generally when I debug a Sugar Activity I just quit and relaunch
the
> Activity to test it.  Relaunching Sugar is not necessary.  The business
with launching it from a virtual terminal makes that possible, and also
makes it possible to run multiple copies of Sugar under different IDs so
you can test collaboration.  In the absence of any instructions I
assumed
> that this is what I was meant to do.  If there is an easier way to
bounce
> between Sugar and GNOME without restarting Sugar each time I'd love to hear
> about it.
>
> As for web activities, we do have a guest chapter from Lionel on the
subject.  I agree the book needs more but I get the impression that
we're
> still working out the details on this.  I am somewhat comfortable with
HTML, JS, CSS, embedded fonts, and the like but I may not be the best
person to write these chapters, at least until things stabilize a bit.

> James Simmons
>

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> 2013/7/25 James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com>:
>> > I finally got sugar-build working on Fedora 19 last night.  I plan to
>> update
>> > "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" to discuss this.
>> Excellent James!
>> > How to use "Ctrl-Alt-F2" to open a virtual terminal, which you will
>> use
>> > run ./osbuild run.  Using "Ctrl-Alt-Fkey" to go from the Sugar
>> environment
>> > to your Python development environment.
>> Is this really needed? "./osbuild run" can be done from inside the
GNOME session.