[Sugar-devel] Usage of sugar-build

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 12:10:07 EDT 2013

Manuel,

I am aware that ./osbuild run can be done from within a GNOME session.  I
did it that way the first time I ran it.  What I need to provide to my
readers is a way they can easily move from a development environment to a
Sugar environment and back again.  Running Sugar in a window made that
easy.  Generally when I debug a Sugar Activity I just quit and relaunch the
Activity to test it.  Relaunching Sugar is not necessary.  The business
with launching it from a virtual terminal makes that possible, and also
makes it possible to run multiple copies of Sugar under different IDs so
you can test collaboration.  In the absence of any instructions I assumed
that this is what I was meant to do.  If there is an easier way to bounce
between Sugar and GNOME without restarting Sugar each time I'd love to hear
about it.

As for web activities, we do have a guest chapter from Lionel on the
subject.  I agree the book needs more but I get the impression that we're
still working out the details on this.  I am somewhat comfortable with
HTML, JS, CSS, embedded fonts, and the like but I may not be the best
person to write these chapters, at least until things stabilize a bit.

James Simmons