[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] Landing the chroot branch

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Jul 10 10:49:08 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm planning to merge the chroot branch on master. Though, since it's a
> major change, I'm trying to avoid disruption as much as possible.
>
> As a first step, I'm switch the build infrastructure to use that branch.
>
> I encourage people to switch to the branch too when they have a chance
> (perhaps without throwing away the master build until they have a working
> chroot build) and to report any issue they run into.

Just personal preference, but I would prefer to keep working in a
non-chrooted environment. One less layer, one less thing to go wrong
or offer some kind of irritation. Of course it is up to you if you
want to support that, but I think it has value as it is much closer to
the environment that Sugar will be deployed in. I would have no
problem with you picking a lone distro/version where this works,
perhaps matching what is run as a chroot on the other distros, i.e. in
this case you could say "OK, no chroot, but only if you're running
F19"

Daniel