[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Feature "Enhanced support for 3G modems"

Ruben Rodríguez ruben at activitycentral.com
Tue Jul 2 23:50:25 EDT 2013

2013/7/3 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>:

> "You will need to provide the following information to set up a mobile
> broadband connection to a cellular (3G) network"
>
> It is ambiguous.  To whom should I provide this information?  My
> teacher?  My broadband device seller?  My broadband service?  No, I
> need not provide any information at all, I'm supposed to configure the
> computer.

That text is already there in the modem configuration section of the
CP, it was not added by the patch. The discussed feature just extends
the current implementation by showing the database of mobile providers
for each country.

Modifying that text would require updating its translation to all languages.

Rubén Rodríguez
CTO
Activity Central: http://activitycentral.com

Facebook: https://activitycentral.com/facebook