[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] Phasing out Fedora 18 support

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:01:57 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a change. Since I announced it, the policy with sugar-build has
> been to support only the latest version of a distro.
>
> If you want to change that you will have to figure out how to resource it,
> I'm personally not interested in maintaining support for multiple distro
> version if not for a short time to allow people to upgrade... It's already
> complicated enough as it is.

You realise it's not all about you and the world doesn't revolved
around just you. The current stable releases for both SoaS and OLPC
are both based on Fedora 18 and while F-19 is out today it does take
time for people to migrate. The current devel release for OLPC is on
Fedora 18 as well. I can understand phasing out Fedora 17 as it's EOL
in a month but while it might be easy for you to click you fingers and
move on a lot of activity developers take quite some time and will
remain on Fedora 18 for some time because that's what the current OLPC
stable release is based upon.

I'm not sure what the problem with is with F-18.... the current stable
release of sugar supports it just fine.

Peter