[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] video of XOs in the Amazon

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jan 31 23:10:58 EST 2013

I added a paragraph on the documentary and the YouTube excerpt, with
references, to the English-language version of the page. Can somebody
let the children know so that they can translate it for the
Spanish-language page?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestina,_Peru

I have wanted to suggest this practice of having students write
Wikipedia pages as a regular part of the curriculum for every OLPC
deployment, starting with pages in the local languages on every local
subject, and expanding to translations by students of various other
languages as they become sufficiently capable. I will write this up
for my blog, http://replacingtextbooks.wordpress.com/

This page mentions caywa, evidently a local crop for which there is no
Wikipedia page in either Spanish or English. I do not find it in
Spanish Wiktionary, either. Here is another page that mentions caywa
without explanation.

http://sachamama.livingroutes.org/2011/07/28/shukshuyaku/

Apparently the standard spelling is caigua, and the name is derived
from Quechua kaywa.

http://www.yanuq.com/buscador.asp?idreceta=1095

http://es.wiktionary.org/wiki/caigua

So I added a link to

Cyclanthera pedata
«Caigua» redirige aquí

Please thank the students for me, and let them know that I was
delighted to have the opportunity for a collaboration with them. No
hablo español realmente, pero sé leer. Qué los niños me escriben, por
favor. Muchas gracias.

--
Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin