[Sugar-devel] HTML activities

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Wed Jan 30 08:57:44 EST 2013

2013/1/29 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> On 28 January 2013 18:47,  <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:
>>
>>> * Should we be using existing js frameworks like jquery in the toolkit ot
>> limit ourselves to plain javascript.
>>
>> There is plenty of JavaScript frameworks. We should allow to use any
>> framework to avoid losing a part of the JavaScript community.
>> My current work is based on the Enyo framework but could be adapted easily
>> to jQuery or to pure JavaScript.

I hope I don't start a frameworks war..

Being accustomed to Python, I really like CoffeScript.  And is not
just syntactic sugar, go have a look at Classes and inheritance:

http://coffeescript.org/#classes

I think for JS Sugar and Toolkit would be nice to investigate.  As the
website states, they try to expose the goodness of JS in a simple way.

--
.. manuq ..