[Sugar-devel] Stepping down as Sugar maintainer

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:16:29 EST 2013

Hi Sascha,

On 6 Jan 2013, at 20:19, Sascha Silbe <silbe at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am stepping down as maintainer for Sugar and some related
> services. This is mostly due to lack of time, but even if I had more of
> that to spare for Sugar, the way I work is sufficiently different from
> that of the most active contributors that I'd do more harm than good.
>
> For some time now, my business didn't have any Sugar-related contract,
> so as an entrepreneur I can't afford investing time, effort or money
> into Sugar. My spare time is pretty limited these days and I tend to
> spend what's left of it on reflecting, relaxing and some minor non-Sugar
> projects, so even as a volunteer I can't spend much on Sugar.
>
> However, I will continue using an XO as my primary laptop, so I may
> contribute to some of the lower-level parts of the stack (powerd,
> kernel, etc.) from time to time. I'll also continue working on some data
> store stuff (gdatastore, datastore-fuse, etc.), but strictly outside of
> Sugar as I wouldn't be able to hold your pace.
>
> It's been exciting times working with you and I've learned a lot. But
> now it's time to move on and let younger folks take over. That seems to
> have worked fine the past few months; hopefully it'll work out in the
> long run as well. This side of the ocean, my current customers have come
> to appreciate the way I work. And taking Sundays off for relaxing and
> reflecting, I'm much more at ease. So everyone is better off now.
>
> So long and thanks for all the fish,

Just wanted to say many thanks for all your efforts ant contributions over the years, and especially for your thorough and detailed patch reviews! I know I picked up many hints and insights reading through them along the way.

Best of success for your future projects and please do keep in contact from time to time!

Best Regards,
--Gary