[Sugar-devel] Query regarding "Wikipedia(EN)" activity

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Tue Feb 26 08:34:56 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> I haven't tried with the English version, but for reference, the Spanish
>> version took days with a 1MB connection.
>>

> Another comment: to download the images, you will need a file with the
> list of images needed by every page.
> If you want download the images, I can provide that file.

Thanks Gonzalo, but won't the steps listed at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Wikipedia/HowTo generate this
"images-metainfo" file automatically? If not, please provide me the file :)

Another thing, did you happen to calculate the total size of the
WikipediaES activity, after including the images?
If this comes out to be in gigabytes, obviously there is no point in
including the activity-with-images on the XO.

Thanks again Gonzalo for all the replies.

>> Gonzalo

Ajay Garg
Dextrose Developer
Activity Central: http://activitycentral.com