[Sugar-devel] Some queries regarding the Maliit OSK

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 08:54:22 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> In activities like FotoToon and Labyrinth, it is seen that the OSK does not
> appear in ebook-mode (whereas it appears fine in other activities, wherever
> it ought to be).
>
> My belief is that it is due to the incompatablity of FotoToon and Labyrinth
> widgets, as compared to the other activities.
> So, is there a way to have the maliit OSK come up in this cases too (perhaps
> through any configuration tweek in maliit)?
>
> I am sorry for such a vague question, but any pointers will be highly
> appreciated :)
>

> Regards,
> Ajay

Your assumption is correct. The OSK is invoked from a textview widget.
I have a version of Labyrinth working with textview (See [1]).
Flavio is working on the GTK3 port.

Note that [1] is a slight compromise from the way that Labyrinth
currently works in that, for expediency, I am processing the text
attributes for the entire thought as opposed to multiple attributes
per thought. (This is really complex and convoluted in Labyrinth and,
IMHO, I don't think it is worth the additional effort at this point).

Regarding Fototoons, I plan on making a similar intervention (less
complex) after coordinating with Gonzalo. (There are a number of cool
Fototoon enhancements queued up from GCI.)

regards.

-walter

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/~walter/labyrinth/walters-gtk2-touch

--