[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Unable to exit Etoys.

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Tue Feb 19 12:13:37 EST 2013

Hi Bert

Sorry for the lag.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> On 2013-02-13, at 18:09, Rafael Ortiz <rafael at activitycentral.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Rafael Ortiz <
> rafael at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> >> Ticket created
> >> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4428
> >
> > The relevant log is Etoys.txt.
>
> That log is about Etoys trying to read the Sugar user name.
>
> What does your .gconf/desktop/sugar/user/%gconf.xml look like?

 <?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="color" mtime="1360066952" type="string">
                <stringvalue>#D1A3FF,#00A0FF</stringvalue>
        </entry>
        <entry name="birth_timestamp" mtime="1360066952" type="int"
value="413986952"/>
        <entry name="nick" mtime="1360066952" type="string">
                <stringvalue>rafael</stringvalue>
        </entry>
</gconf>

OTOH, this error should happen at the startup of Etoys, not when quitting.
> Are you sure this log is produced after pressing the exit button, not
> before?
>
> Also, when Etoys "hangs" after pressing the exit button (does it?),

It was hanging but not now, cannot reproduce after rebooting the XO from an
upgrade :/.

> try pressing alt-period ("alt" + ".") which is Etoys' "user interrupt"
> key. That should also dump the stack in the log file, and would show what
> exactly Etoys is doing. Of course, you're welcome to press the "debug"
> button in the pink interrupt dialog and take a look around ;)

I'll keep following the issue with your debugging tips.

Thanks and cheers!

- Bert -