[Sugar-devel] Read Etexts needs additional testing

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:27:07 EST 2013

All,

I have merged Aneesh Dogra's changes to Read Etexts, plus I added my own
fix to use a custom user agent string when downloading books from Project
Gutenberg.  PG rejects downloads that use the default urllib agent string.
I have committed and pushed the changes and have tested the code on my
desktop computer.  Normally I would test the .xo file on my XO-1 laptop and
if it worked there I would release it on activities.sugarlabs.org.

Unfortunately my XO hasn't been updated in awhile and it may be a few days
before I can get to it.  I don't think it supports GTK3, which was what
Aneesh's changes were.  If someone can try out the .xo file linked below on
an XO I can release it a bit sooner:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8919415/ReadETexts-25.xo

Also, while I have merged in Aneesh's changes his merge requests remain
open.  I don't know what to do about that and I'm hoping someone here can
give me some guidance.

James Simmons