[Sugar-devel] Sugar on a low-cost tablet for an NGO in India

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:52:24 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM, badday <baddaypc at googlemail.com> wrote:
> It would also be nice if somebody could tell me about the
> localization process regarding Hindi as I could not find too much on the web
> about it.

Assuming you are interested in localizing the Sugar UI and activities,
or related educational software like eToys (for which we provide L10n
hosting services), then you can find further information on the Sugar
Labs wiki at:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team

Our Translation Team coordinates it's efforts via the L10n e-mail list:

and we perform our work on this Pootle instance:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

Specifically for Hindi:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/hi/

New localizers are certainly welcome, unfortunately, whereas we
traditionally allowed self-sign up, a number of forum-spamming robots
began registering (and activating) dozens of user accounts each day
(defeating the confirmation e-mail process).

For this reason, we had to return to a manual registration process.
Simply send me the preferred username and e-mail address of any users
that want to register and I will take care of manually creating and
activating their accounts.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator