[Sugar-devel] Building on FreeBSD

outro pessoa outro.pessoa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:47:59 EST 2013

It seems- and why not- that the system- Sugar, that is- is entirely a Linux
project. Is there any way possible that I could build each individual
module such as desktop, terminal, browser, et al and not the entire suite?
I am still working on the dependencies while asking this question. FreeBSD-
and the other BSDs- has is own sound server/driver and shouldn't need
pulse. This is my opinion and not that of the BSD community.  My experience
is with Makefiles and not that of python. It would still be nice to port
Sugar to another OS to give developers an alternative platform. The only
BSD "ready made" distribution is PCBSD.