[Sugar-devel] Sugar-jhbuild has lsb dependency but I am building on FreeBSD

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 6 17:42:58 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 02:34:46PM -0500, outro pessoa wrote:
> The current problem is that I am unable to clone any of the
> repository due to insufficient permissions.

Exactly what happens when you try?  There are so many possible causes
of insufficient permissions.  I cannot imagine which one you hit.

I was able to clone sugar-build using this command, for which no SSH
public key is needed:

% git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-build/sugar-build.git

Then, inside sugar-build, the repositories are all listed in a similar
way, so if the above clone works, the others should as well.

> that all necessary requirements are added to this laptop. Second, I
> can only access through public wireless. I have a ssh-dsr public key
> uploaded.  This next part may be asking too much; but, is there
> anyway someone could create a tar.gz or tar.bz2 of the repository? I
> could use wget or ftp to download and then build from that.

Yes, you can do this with gitorious.

For instance, on the sugar-build tree view, is a link to "Download
master as tar.gz".

http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-build/sugar-build/trees/master
http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-build/sugar-build/archive-tarball/master

But sugar-build itself uses git to download the other repositories.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/