[Sugar-devel] HTML activities

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Mon Feb 4 19:57:48 EST 2013

2013/2/4 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>:
> Hey Daniel, glad to see progress :)
>
> 2013/2/2 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
>> I made some good progress on this today.
>>
>> A bit of a write up on the approach we are taking
>>
>> http://sugarlabs.org/~dnarvaez/sugar-html/README.html
>>
>> A wrapper for firefox with an addon
>>
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-html-browser/sugar-html-browser
>
> So what the wrapper does is 1. add an addon that hides
> "navigator-toolbox" and "addon-bar", and 2. call firefox with a
> profile in the activity data folder and with the addon.  Am I right?
>
> I was reading about Open Web Apps and reached Desktop WebRT, which is
> supposed to run an app in a chromeless browser.  Could be that what we
> need?

Now I see this WebRT is the webapprt-stub binary that is inside the
app bundles that firefox marketplace installs.

I downloaded firefox 20 beta, started it, went to the marketplace, and
installed some apps.  They are then available in gnome-shell.  Behind
the scenes they install a .desktop file in
~/.local/share/applications/ and the bundle at ~/.http* .The profile
folder is there, together with the webapprt-stub, webapp.json,
webapp.ini, profiles.ini and icon.png.

--
.. manuq ..