[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer: the (dark) technical side

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Fri Dec 20 18:29:51 EST 2013

> An excellent summary, thanks.
>
>>  Lionel Lask? wrote:
>> 5) Activities issue: My philosophy with Sugarizer is "don't update
>> activities".
>
> How would you envisage an update of activities on an Android system
> that has an offline copy of Sugarizer?
>
> Speculation: bring the system online, update to new version of
> Sugarizer, and a whole set of activities are updated.

Yes, it's why, the first time Sugarizer is run, it launch a XmlHttpRequest
to request the list of activity [1]. For the moment this request is just a
link to a local JSON file [2] but the idea is that this JSON file could be
generated later by a back office.

In my dream, a future version of Sugarizer could launch a request to Sugar
App Store to list new Sugar web activities then ask to user if he's
interested to download it locally. Of course it will need to handle
downloading and local storage of files.

           Lionel.

[1] https://github.com/llaske/Sugarizer/blob/master/js/homeview.js#L44
[2] https://github.com/llaske/Sugarizer/blob/master/activities.json